Biking safety tips
Here are some biking tips from the League of American Cyclists:
• Follow the law: Obey traffic signals and stop signs. Always ride in the rightmost lane and ride with traffic in the direction you're going.
• Be predictable: Make your intentions clear to everyone on the road; don't swerve between traffic.
• Be conspicuous: Ride where people can see you and wear bright clothing.
• Think ahead: Anticipate what drivers, pedestrians, and other people on bikes will do next. Watch for turning vehicles and ride outside the door zone of parked cars.
• Ride ready: Check that your tires have sufficient air, brakes are working, chain run smoothly, and quick release levers are closed. Wear a helmet.
Tips provided by the League of American Cyclists. To learn more, visit http://bikeleague.org/content/rules-road-0