Bemidji School District approves provisions to employee group contracts
Several employee groups with the Bemidji School District will see a raise in their paychecks for the 2009-10 and 2010-11 school years.
Contracts with food service workers, secretarial-clerical and paraprofessionals, bus drivers and principal bargaining groups were approved by the school board on Wednesday morning.
The school board also approved conditions of employment changes for the school district's administration, as well as confidential administrative support staff and bus technicians.
Changes to the conditions of employment for certain employee groups include:
- An increase in wage of 20 cents per hour for 2009-10 and 15 cents per hour for 2010-11 for bus technicians/diesel mechanics; and no change in health insurance.
- An increase in hourly pay for a confidential administrative assistant and a human resources specialist and no change in the district's insurance contribution.
- A 1.4 percent salary increase for 2009-10 and a .5 percent increase for 2010-11 for the school district's directors of business services, special education, curriculum and human resources; and an increase in the district's match to a qualifying 403(b) plan to an annual maximum of $4,000.
Approved changes to the employment agreements between the school district and employment bargaining groups include:
- A wage increase by 20 cents per hour for 2009-10 and 15 cents per hour for 2010-11 for bus drivers and an increased Split Shift Differential from $3.15 per hour for 2007-2009 to $3.30 per hour for 2009-10.
- An increase in wage of 20 cents per hour for 2009-10 and 15 cents per hour for 2010-11 for secretaries and paraprofessionals; an increase in the bus monitor program hourly pay; and an increase in the district's annual maximum match for 403(b) participation to $400 for 2010-11.
- An increase in wage by 20 cents per hour for 2009-10 and 15 cents per hour for 2010-11 for food service workers and increases in the 403(b) annual maximum District match from $240 to $320 for the second year of the contract.
- An increase of 1.4 percent for 2009-10 and a .5 percent increase for 2010-11 for principals; an increase in the district's match to a qualifying 403(b) plan to an annual maximum of $3,000 for 2010-11; and an increase in the maximum lifetime match from $35,000 to $36,300.
In January, the Bemidji School District and the Bemidji Education Association agreed to a 2.63 percent increase in salary for a two-year settlement.
The contracts and conditions of employment that required a vote by the bargaining groups' memberships were completed before the school board met on Wednesday.