Bemidji Police Department seeks candidates for the Police Reserves Program
BEMIDJI — The Bemidji Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the Police Reserves Program.
The department is looking for responsible individuals of all ages and backgrounds who are civic minded and interested in making a difference in the community.
Some duties of a Reserve Officer would include:
- Extra patrol for carnivals, public events or disasters.
- Traffic control during parades.
- Vacation and business security checks.
- Collecting bicycles and other found property.
- Securing vehicles waiting for tow trucks ordered by the Police Department.
- Attending required monthly training and meetings.
To be considered the requirements include:
- Must be 18-years-old and a U.S. citizen.
- No felony convictions including pardon, expunged.
- No theft or assault convictions of any level.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must not falsify information in application or during application process.
- Must undergo a thorough background check and interview process.
The Bemidji Police Department will accept applications until Sept. 30. Applications can be found at
or at City Hall, 317 Fourth St. NW.