Weather Forecast


Bemidji man in stable condition following fire injuries

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Bemidji, 56619
Bemidji Pioneer
(218) 333-9819 customer support
Bemidji Minnesota P.O. Box 455 56619

A Bemidji man was taken to North Country Regional Hospital on Sunday for burns he suffered in a fire.

William Fear was taken by Bemidji Ambulance after his machine shed caught fire, according to the Bemidji Fire Department.


Fear was listed in stable condition at NCRH Monday afternoon.

Thirty firefighters responded to the fire at 10:40 a.m. Sunday on the 5100 block of 30th Street Southeast, along with the Bemidji Ambulance Service.

Fear was able to get out of the shed on his own, according to the Fire Department. Another individual, who was at the scene at the time of the fire, had called 911.

Fear was tending to a wood stove in the machine shed when the fire began, according to the Fire Department.

The office of the State Fire Marshall also was called to investigate the fire, as injuries were involved, according to the Fire Department. It was determined to be accidental.

The machine shed was a total loss.

Bethany Wesley
(218) 333-9200 x337