Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Bemidji firefighters extinguish chimney fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Bemidji,Minnesota 56619 http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sites/all/themes/bemidjipioneer_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Bemidji Pioneer
(218) 333-9819 customer support
Bemidji firefighters extinguish chimney fire
Bemidji Minnesota P.O. Box 455 56619

BEMIDJI – The Bemidji Fire Department put out a small chimney fire Wednesday night.

The minor blaze, which resulted in no damage, occurred at 558 Park Ave. SW, according to a fire report.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Fire Chief Dave Hoefer said an excessive amount of creosote had built up in the chimney, and ignited when the residents started a fire in their fireplace.

Seventeen firefighters responded just after 5 p.m., according to the report, and had the fire under control by 5:45 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Advertisement
Pioneer staff reports
Advertisement
Advertisement