Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Bemidji firefighters extinguish chimney fire

Email News Alerts

BEMIDJI – The Bemidji Fire Department put out a small chimney fire Wednesday night.

The minor blaze, which resulted in no damage, occurred at 558 Park Ave. SW, according to a fire report.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Fire Chief Dave Hoefer said an excessive amount of creosote had built up in the chimney, and ignited when the residents started a fire in their fireplace.

Seventeen firefighters responded just after 5 p.m., according to the report, and had the fire under control by 5:45 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement