Bemidji chimney fire causes minor damage
Bemidji Firefighters responded to a chimney fire Sunday in the 1000 block of Beltrami Avenue Northwest.
Fire department personnel were on scene for approximately one hour and used the department's ladder truck to access the roof of the two-story home.
The fire was contained to the chimney area of the home and caused minor damage.
Assisting the fire department was the Bemidji Police Department, Beltrami County Sheriff's Office and Bemidji Ambulance Service.
Bemidji Fire Department encourages all area residents who use wood burning stoves and fireplaces to have their chimneys inspected and cleaned on a regularly basis.