Bemidji Area Arts Endowment awards grants
The Bemidji Area Arts Endowment, a component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation, announced the winners of the 2010 BAAE Grant Round.
The recipients of the Everett Wilimek Endowment for Orchestral String Studies Scholarship in the amount of $250 each were awarded to Sophie Warrick and Matthew Bock of Bemidji.
The recipients of the BAAE Arts Project Grants are:
- Bemidji Community Arts Center received a grant in the amount of $500 in support of the Spoken Word Series.
- Bemidji State University Department of Music received a grant in the amount of $550 in support of commissioning a four-harpsichord concerto for a concert in 2011.
- Bemidji State University Department of Music received a grant in the amount of $550 in the support of bringing a professional flutist to Bemidji for a concert and master class with high school flutists in 2011.
- First City of the Arts Studio Cruise received a grant in the amount of $1,000 from the Richard and Pamela Nelson Fund for the Visual Arts and the BAAE General Fund in support of the 2010 Studio Cruise.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts received a grant in the amount of $750 in support of the "Weekend with Billy Collins, former Poet Laureate of the United States" in Sept. 2010.
- The Paul Bunyan Playhouse received a grant in the amount of $841 from the H.B. and Ina T. Roholt Family Fund for the Arts and $159 from the BAAE General Fund to assist in funding the Kevin Kling performance at the Stars in the Street opening event in May.