Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Bagley fire believed to be accidental

Email

BAGLEY – Authorities determined the Tuesday apartment fire that killed a 92-year old woman to be accidental.

The Clearwater County sheriff’s office also identified the woman Friday as Edna Leone Halvorson of Bagley.

“The cause of the fire is accidental, believed to be started by (a) smoldering cigarette in a chair,” the sheriff’s office stated in a press release.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call (218) 333-9200 and we can help you.

Advertisement
John Hageman
John Hageman covers local business and Grand Forks' legislative delegation. Get more business news at aroundtown.areavoices.com. 
(701) 780-1244
Advertisement
Advertisement