Weather Forecast


Bagley fire believed to be accidental

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Bemidji,Minnesota 56619
Bemidji Pioneer
(218) 333-9819 customer support
Bagley fire believed to be accidental
Bemidji Minnesota P.O. Box 455 56619

BAGLEY – Authorities determined the Tuesday apartment fire that killed a 92-year old woman to be accidental.

The Clearwater County sheriff’s office also identified the woman Friday as Edna Leone Halvorson of Bagley.

“The cause of the fire is accidental, believed to be started by (a) smoldering cigarette in a chair,” the sheriff’s office stated in a press release.

The sheriff’s office said Thursday that the woman was pulled from Parkview Apartments, 516 Main Ave. N., Tuesday night as the second floor was engulfed in flames.

Halvorson was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center, where she died as a result of her injuries

John Hageman
John Hageman covers local business and Grand Forks' legislative delegation. Get more business news at 
(701) 780-1244