Bagley apartment fire ruled accidental
BAGLEY – Authorities determined the apartment fire Tuesday that killed a 92-year old woman was accidental.
The Clearwater County sheriff’s office also identified the woman Friday in a press release as Edna Leone Halvorson of Bagley.
“The cause of the fire is accidental, believed to be started by (a) smoldering cigarette in a chair,” the press release states.
The sheriff’s office said Thursday that a then-unidentified woman was pulled from Parkview Apartments, 516 Main Ave. N., Tuesday night as the second floor was engulfed in flames.
Halvorson was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center, where she died as a result of her injuries.